Modern society spends a significant amount of time indoors during our daily routines, be it in working spaces (offices, meeting rooms, and building halls) or be it in our households, sharing the space with our pets and close ones.
In most of these buildings, carpets and upholstery have become crucial to improve the sense of well-being and aesthetical quality of these closed environments. Carpets and upholstery give our office spaces and homes an identity and represent a fundamental piece of décor in our days. However, they also can trap microscopic particles such as mold, fungus, germs, pollen, bacteria, and others. These can represent a severe health risk of these spaces, leading to allergies, sick building syndrome, and more severe illnesses. That is why it is essential to hire a professional upholstery cleaning company to ensure that your indoor environment is safe from any of these risks.
What is Upholstery Cleaning?
Upholstery is the term given to all the fabric in your furniture, coating seats, back of chairs, sofas, and tables. In many cases, these materials are overlooked, and their potential to retain particles is not taken into account properly when cleaning our indoor spaces. Upholstery cleaning is the process of giving these fabrics proper cleaning treatment that might include vacuuming, rinsing, shampooing, pile lifting, pad cleaning, and others. Overall, upholstery cleaning is very similar to cleaning carpets when looking into the materials and techniques that are used. Several companies are providing professional cleaning services in Singapore. Still, it is essential to look into their practices and processes to ensure that they are not working based on cleaning myths that put your environment at risk.
How to Clean Upholstery
Upholstery cleaning is similar to carpet cleaning, but certain differences should be taken into account to avoid the formation of humid spots that allow for the growth of mold and bacteria. In this sense, the typical carpet cleaner is not fully equipped or prepared to clean upholstery. Overall, upholstery cleaning should consider pile lifting, steam cleaning, shampooing, dry foaming, pad cleaning, and others. Upholstery cleaning in Singapore should also consider the various climatic conditions like high humidity that affect the drying out of these materials and could represent the risk of dampening and furniture loss.
Why Hire a Professional Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning Company
Many simple techniques for carpet and upholstery cleaning can be found online and create the impression that it is possible to do the cleaning yourself. Wondering if professional carpet cleaning better than doing it yourself is quite common. Avoiding the costs involved in professional cleanings, many individuals end up attempting to clean their furniture themselves. However, cases where the fabric is lost due to incorrect removal of shampoos, chemical contamination, dampening of the furniture structure, growth of mold and bacteria in dampened spots, etc. are quite common. Thus, in Singapore, professional carpet cleaning is the safest way to make sure your indoor environment is clean, free of bacteria, molds, and other particles that can cause harm to human health.
How Big Red Can Help
Big Red is one of the top carpet cleaning companies in Singapore, providing a wide range of clients with high quality and long-lasting cleaning services. Big Red is fully equipped to carry out carpet and upholstery cleaning by:
- Pile Lifting
- Hot Water Extraction or Steam Cleaning
- Rotary Shampoo
- Combination of Hot Water Extraction and Rotary Shampoo
- Dry Foam
- Bonnet/Pad Cleaning
- Absorbent Dry Compound Powder System
Additionally, Big Red can provide its services with no downtime, allowing for the use of the carpets and furniture as soon as the cleaning process is over. Many customers are concerned with how long is the downtime after upholstery cleaning since this creates limitations in office spaces and households. However, with our high-quality dry-cleaning systems, this is completely removed, and all clean material can be used after a professional cleaning with minimal downtime. Big Red is also constantly featured as one of the best carpet cleaning professionals in Singapore. Finally, with a team of professionals trained by the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration (IICRC), Big Red also provides a 30-day satisfaction guarantee with a re-clean in any area that attention is needed.
People also ask
- What is the best way to clean a fabric sofa?
- For daily maintenance, use a dry brush to remove particles and dust, followed by vacuuming the surface, suctioning all loose particles. Some fabrics and stains will require scrubbing with a cloth to remove the oily and more persistent stains, but it is important to ensure no humidity is left behind. Periodically, professional sofa cleaning services should be hired to ensure that the upholstery is properly cleaned and maintained.
- How do you deep clean upholstery?
- Cleaning upholstery is quite similar to cleaning carpets, and in this case, professional help should be requested when deep cleaning is needed. Professional upholstery cleaning relies on specific machinery that allows for proper cleaning without damaging the fabric or furniture. Professional upholstery cleaning, in general, involves a process of scrubbing the fabric to release particles, vacuuming of the upholstery, use of chemicals and cleaning methods (shampooing, steam cleaning, dry cleaning, and others) which release strong fixated particles and, a final dry out of the fabric. This last process is extremely important as it prevents the furniture from staying damp, which leads to mold, fungus, and bacteria growth.
- What is the best way to clean upholstery?
- Several carpet and upholstery cleaning myths can be found online that involve baking soda, vinegar, and chemicals. However, these methods can cause several health issues in the short and long-term use of them for cleaning processes. Some of the chemicals suggested online can react in the environment and cause allergies, lung issues, and possibly even cancers if not removed and cleaned adequately after use. In other cases, upholstery cleaning in humid cities such as Singapore can be challenging as furniture tend to accumulate the water used during cleaning and present dampened spots that allow for bacterial, fungus, and mold growth.
- How to avoid bad smell after upholstery cleaning?
- Strong odors present after upholstery cleaning are signs of improper dry-out of these materials, leading to the growth of fungus and mold that can release chemicals with very particular smells. When your furniture presents these strong odors, further re-cleaning needs to be carried out to remove the persistent humidity and the colonies of bacteria, fungus, and mold already present. This process can be risky for your health, and it is recommended to reach out for professional help. Hence, professional upholstery cleaning removes strong odors from recently cleaned furniture in a safe and long-lasting way.